um, i finished my first semester at berkeley. um, what just happened? i seriously have absolutely no idea. so i will summarize some key points, and things i have done, for all who are interested in reading about the (not so trivial) aspects of my life.
1) i house hunted and moved all by my very own self
2) i biked to school through the rain
3) i never missed a lecture or discussion. wait, i lie. i missed one…the wednesday before thanksgiving
4) i acquired a taste for beer
5) i met really awesome people
6) i met a few not so awesome people, but i don’t remember who they are
7) i got my first B on an assignment…since…high school?
8) i went to my first football game
9) i got a job
10) i learned more about myself than i learned in my classes. that whole thing about dating yourself, doing whatever you want to do. not needing to please or impress anyone else. not being impulsive necessarily, but more…intuitive…its pretty awesome.
-i came to Berkeley with grad school in mind. Now, I am not so sure. I am good at school. I could pull off grad school and a PhD. I would make it happen…but its not necessarily what i want to do with my life.
-on that note, i have no idea what i want to do with my life…but…
-i am more in touch with the things i really want…which has lead me back to having the same goals i had when i was a small child…namely a second grade teacher
-i think i still like ballet. (need to go take class. thats the next step)
-food is food. eating one thing wont change the world, the food system, or myself. that being said, there are still ethics which I think need to be observed.
-i am a goofball.
-i am a pretty big goofball, and that is ok if I act like a 12 year old.
-i have a lot more confidence than i thought i had
-i can wear 20 million colors at once
-there is nothing more liberating than moving somewhere and not knowing anyone and being completely and utterly free to be myself without any preconceived notions of how i should, or how i am supposed, to act
-i get to do what i want to do when i want to do it
-i am learning how to be alone and do nothing and be ok with the doing nothing part
-i do not need to plan out every single part of my day. things will get done. i will get my things done at the appropriate time.
-i can totally buy kids wild cherry toothpaste and disney princess band aids
-its completely legitimate to get overly excited about a candy store
Here are all the books and readers from this semster:
and here is the gum i chewed while studying for my last final (i think within a 2 or 3 hour timespan)
its a good thing I do not smoke, or else i would be the pack-a-day type person. this is also the reason I do not buy gum anymore (unless I am under extreme stress or pressure aka studying for finals)
so its been a good 4 months. 1 semester down. 3 more to go. meep.